Here's a low poly samurai character I modeled last night. I still have to make it look like he's wearing more armor. My goal is to have it rigged and textured before school starts up again.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
So this is a work in progress with a long way to go, but I've found this Christmas-break project to be a great learning opportunity. I'm very happy with how the hammer and sickle are coming out, but I may just add a little few tweaks. I mainly need to focus on finishing the broad strokes on the coat's arms, and the gas mask.
This is the drawing that I'm basing this model off of. I've made some slight changes--mainly to the positioning of the sickle-head on the neck (or lack thereof). The head was just too far forward in the drawing. I may set up a second model to see how it looks with the forward-placed head later.
Just some reference images I'm loosely following.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
There comes a time in an artist's life when he finally does work that pencil down to an unworkable nib, or that pen to a dry, desolate carcass. That time has come for this artist and his pencil.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Here's the image I referenced the nest from
Here's the final render
Here's the Occlusion pass (I just thought it looked cool, so I thought I'd add it)I wanted to have a mix of rhino beetle and wasp... I'm not entirely happy with how it came out, but I learned a ton from this project.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
I'm not sure what happened to the walk-cycle quality, but at least you can make out the motion.
Friday, November 12, 2010
3-point drawn on 14'x17' marker paper - inked with micron tech pens. Value is 100% prismacolor - I didn't get the level of blending that I was hoping for in the sky, but one day I'll probably redo it all inphotoshop. This was more of an experiment for testing the paper's reaction to the marker