Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So this is a work in progress with a long way to go, but I've found this Christmas-break project to be a great learning opportunity. I'm very happy with how the hammer and sickle are coming out, but I may just add a little few tweaks. I mainly need to focus on finishing the broad strokes on the coat's arms, and the gas mask. 
This is the drawing that I'm basing this model off of. I've made some slight changes--mainly to the positioning of the sickle-head on the neck (or lack thereof). The head was just too far forward in the drawing. I may set up a second model to see how it looks with the forward-placed head later.

Just some reference images I'm loosely following.

No comments:

Post a Comment